1. Identification of children's location in the photograph is typed on a sheet located in the envelope.
2. Edward Lewis Saslove was 3 years old. He was a Flight officer in World War II. He was killed in action on January 8/9, 1945.
3. Henry Hank Torontow served in World War II. Henry Hank Torontow Scout Troop named after him.
4. Edward Torontow served in World War II.
5. Isobel Torontow Firestone was married to O.J. Firestone.
6. Identified by Martin Saslove.
7. Photograph taken in the Saslove's garden, Friel St, Ottawa.
8. Photograph was restored at Lux Photographic Inc., 2003.
9. Both copies are located in the vault.
10. Photograph includes Henry Hank Torontow (far left), Edith Torontow (Koffman) (fourth in the back), Isobel Torontow (Firestone) (fifth in the back), Edward Torontow (far right), Jean Torontow (Naemark) (second from the left sitting on the ground), and Edward Lewis Saslove (third in the second row with blond hair).