1. The original photograph is torn in two places and was restored by Lux Photographic Inc, December 2001.
1. Identified by Phyllis Rackow, December 2001.
2. The play was held at the Talmud Torah, George St., Ottawa.
3. Program for Purim play donated by Phyllis Rackow, and stored with the Ottawa Hebrew Sunday School series.
4. 18-084-01 is the original photograph, 18-084-02 is the restored photograph
5. Two copies, second copy donated by Ruth Levitan, August 2003.
6. L-R: Standing; Anna Feldman, Sarah Sitomirsky, Phyllis (Fried) Rackow, Lilly Cardash, Zelda (Soloway) Adesky, Queen Esther Roz (Shoihet) Addelberg (sitting), Dr. Irving Soloway (sitting), Helen Altman, Selma Torontour, Roslyn (Soloway) Sanders, unidentified, Sandy (Schwartz) Segal, Maury Kapinsky (Karp).
Seated: Dorothy (Aaron) Nadolny, Rita Gencher, Rhoda (Cooper) Prager, Ann (Torontour) Lazear, Myra (Dover) Evans, unidentified, and Toby Glick.
1. This photograph was copied by Dave Burcsik.
2. There is another very similar photograph on file.
3. Included in this photograph are: Lily Zbar, Michael Greenberg, Laura Rubin, Freda Swedko, Ethel Addelman, Dave Molot, Henry Baylin and Saul Goldfarb.
1. Also numbered 7-056 and C74978.
2. This photograph was taken at the Institute, which served as a Jewish centre and youth facility. It was a small building at the back of the Adath Jeshurun Synagogue. When the synagogue was being renovated in 1920 services were held at the Institute. Sam Epstein's Bar Mitzvah was held there in 1920.
3. Front row, L-R: Nat Wolfe, Dr. Sam Mirsky, Rabbi Nathan Kollin, Doris Cohen-Torontow, Cantor Joseph Rabin, Arnold Katz, and Harry (Harold) Goldman; Back row, L-R: Meyer Drazin, Sam Epstein, Harold Shenkman, Bert Katz, Harold Coplan, Martin K. Levinson, and William Braverman.