1. Undertaken as a Millennium joint project between the UJA (Va'ad Ha'ir), the Ottawa Jewish Historical Society and the Carleton University Jewish Studies Program. See Ottawa Jewish Bulletin July 24, 2000.
Leo Israel Powell Obituary
With his son and daughter in law by his side, Leo Israel Powell, in his 83rd year passed away peacefully in his sleep during the morning of December 16 2015/4th of Tevet, 5776. In his residence at the Hillel Lodge Jewish Home for the Aged, he comfortably slipped away after a long battle with Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease. Strong to the very end Leo lived his life making the people around him feel very special with his energy, character, humor, and charm. A fiercely proud father of Clayton, brother of Sammy and Norma, uncle of Marty, Alan, Larry, Darryl, Jaye, and Haley. A loving husband of the late Julie Powell and proud son of Lillian and David. Leo lived many lives having been an accomplished entrepreneur in Toronto, a small business owner in Port Hope, and a well known defensive Coach for Trinity College's football program. Dedicated to his community, Leo gave his time to the Town of Port Hope as a Municipal Councillor, Chair of the Police Advisory Committee and sponsor of numerous athletic clubs. Family would like to thank the staff at the Hillel Lodge Jewish Home for the Aged for their care and compassion. Services will be held at the Jewish Memorial Chapel at 1771 Cuba Avenue in Ottawa Ontario beginning at 1pm Thursday December 17th, 2015. Interment will be at the Jewish Memorial Gardens 2692 Bank Street Ottawa. Shiva at The Bess and Moe Greenberg Family Hillel Lodge immediately following the burial. Memorial donations may be made to the Alzheimer's Society of Canada.
1. Consent form signed by Clayton Powell, son of the deceased.
Mabat Kol audio visual productions, tel aviv Israel
1. Contains slides, script and audio cassette tape.
2. Produced for Keren Hayesod - Meet the Challenge campaign.
3. Script refers to Israel playing by "new rules these days... new rules created by a world prepared to deal with oil blackmail, and skyjacking, terror and kidnap".
4. Also mentioned are Soviet Jews.