1. Front row L-R: Mitchell Lenet, Lorne Zaitlin, Linda Kimmel, Lawrence Weiner, Michael Gunner and Brenda Dain.
Back row: Gregory Baylin, Alison Cohen, Steven Bloom, Howard Huss, Robert kamen, Cindy Hartman and Grace Rumstein (Ottawa Talmud Torah Board).
1. Front row L-R: Alana Hock, Bradley Wiseman, Shawn Silverman, Joanna Silverstone, Mina Cohen and principal Nickie Glick
Middle row: Jamie Solman,Lee Greenberg, Adam katz, Jeniffer Finestone and Bonnie Lyman
Back row: Andy Gaffen, Michell Hershorn, Jennifer Swimmer, Andrea Backman and Simone Smith (Ottawa Talmud Torah Board).
Ottawa Talmud Torah Afternoon School grade 7 graduates
l-r, back row: Teacher Tal Gilboa-Moaz, Robyn Goldberg, Philip Horwitz, Leora Fitch, Jennifer Gans, Michael Schacter, Sarah Gutman, Joey Weiss and Philip Jacobson
front row: Elisha Zarecki, Benjamin Weinstock, Emma Krakower, Orli Kessel, Katie Bernfeld, Benjamin Garonce, Robert Glube, Joshua Diener, Joel Baskin, teacher Shirley Schildkraut and principal Doris Bronstein
(Ottawa Talmud Torah Board)
L-R: G. Dutnoff, H. Sherman, P. Mondel, Mrs. J. Silverman, Unknown and Mrs. I. Agulnik. Lissa Kauffman (seated) with some of the masquerade prize winners.
The Golden Age Club is sponsored by the Ottawa Section, National Council of Jewish Women in co-operation with the Jewish Community Centre. Music was provided by the George Whyte Orchestra through the courtesy of the Ottawa Federation of Musicians. Over 200 members and guests of the Golden Age Club attended the gala Purim Masquerade Ball at the Jewish Community Centre. Harry Shinder acted as master of ceremonies. Mrs. Harry A. Roodmon, chairman of volunteers and Mrs. Harry Shinder, program chairman were in charge of arrangements. The program included the crowning of a Queen Esther, selections by the Jewish Community Centre Choral Group directed by Rev. Joseph Robin, a grand march and the celebration of the birthdays of the month.
1. The Hassidic Chamber Group was formed approximately in 1969 by 6 men taking some relaxation time from their wide variety of respective occupations. They began making public appearances around 1977 and have performed their renditions of traditional Chassidic music on numerous occasions for the Jewish community.
2. Back row L-R: Jack Berman (clarinet), Sol Gunner (bass) and David Malek (clarinet)
Front row: Leonard Lefkovitch (violin and recorder), Irwin Brodo (mandolin), and Morton Baslaw (guitar).
1. The plaque was unveiled at the opening ceremony of the fitness centre.
2. Photograph with description of the centre appeared in the Ottawa Jewish Bulletin, May 20, 1980 and June 17, 1980.
3. Jack Goldfield and Abe Carlofsky display a plaque listing financial contributors to the new Jewish Community Centre Fitness Testing Centre.