1. Identified by Jack Sherman, bat boy in the photograph, September 2004
2. R and A Cohen furniture store was located at Laurier and Bank St.
3. Newton negatives are located at the City of Ottawa Archives
4. Top row L-R: Morley Goldfield, Ben Machen, Norman Torontow, Eddie Saslove and Joseph Osterer
Front row: Sol Sherman, Gerry Dover, Jack Sherman, Sid Addelman and Sidney Aisenberg.
Lawrence Freedman, president, Ottawa Jewish Historical Society
1. Ninety-nine 4x6 photographs are printed in a photo album located in the vault ( with numbered photos ).
2. One 8x10 photograph printed and individually described under 4-612.
3. Two copies of CD ROM.
4. Several photos of Lawrence Freedman, Elaine Brodsky and Stuart Lazear appear in this album along with various Appotive family members.
1. Ottawa Jewish Community Endowment Campaign is sponsored by the Ottawa Jewish Community Foundation
2. Identified by Joseph Lieff, June 20, 2005
3. Irving Ethel Taylor and Chick and Rose Taylor are co-chairs of the endowment campaign
4. A different photograph and caption appeared in the Ottawa Jewish Bulletin, February 7, 2005
5. 80 snowbirds gathered at the Elaine Baker Gallery for a luncheon and a 10 minute video depicting 115 years of Jewish life in Ottawa which used photographs of the Ottawa Jewish Archives