Officers List (1976). Jewish yearbook entry (1969). Bulletins (1956-1965, 1967, 1969-1975, 1980). Dedication Booklet (1963). Program (1959). Speech text (1988). Hockey club statement (1973). Press release (1965). Fundraising information. Flyers. Poster. Clippings (1965-1966, 1986-1991).
The Beth Ora started out as a Ladies Auxiliary in 1953. The Ville St. Laurent Jewish community was small but growing, so members, under the inspiration of main founder William Weiss, met to plan their future synagogue. In 1953, land was donated, and services were held in a member's home until the synagogue was completed in 1957. The building also housed a school and community centre. The Orthodox synagogue adopted its constitution in 1956; known at first as the Jewish Congregation of St. Laurent, the name was changed to Beth Ora in 1959. Due to a growing membership, the building was expanded in 1961-1962. The Beth Ora won the Pioneer Congregations award in 1966 for "conducting creative programs for strengthening Jewish belief and observances." It also runs many activities for Jews and non-Jews, such as its St. Laurent Community Day.