1. Image scanned from Ottawa Citizen Article March 29, 1975.
2. The sign weighs approximately 75 pounds.
3. Dimensions: 50 " h, 36" wide, 6 " deep.
4. Sign was restored by OJHS in 2009.
5. Stored in the Ottawa Jewish Archives (closet).
6. Information about the sign obtained from Sylvia Bronther November 1 2011 by L. Dougherty.
7. When D. Wolfson (watchmaker) went out of business, he gave the sign to Sylvia Bronther's brother for his father's shop (Sam Nathanson - Sam's Buy and Sell) at 41 William Street. A friend he knew who could fix anything, took the sign and changed the lettering across the face to read pawnbroker. He also attached the 3 balls which is the international symbol for a pawnbroker's shop.