Congregation Agudath Achim was founded in 1917. Its members, the Jewish community of Sherbrooke, Quebec, had emigrated there around the First World War, mainly from Estropol, Russia. The congregation prayed in a loft until the building was completed in the 1920s. It was further expanded in the 1950s. With the Jewish population dwindling, the community tried to sell the building and continue their activities in a smaller hall; their services were attended by Jews of the surrounding areas as well. The synagogue also maintained a cemetery. The Congregation ceased functioning in 1983.