By-laws (1933). Board meeting minutes. Presidents' reports (1957-1978, with gaps). Annual reports (1936-1984 with gaps). Campaign fund invitations and literature. Correspondence. Souvenir books. News magazines (1959-1961, 1963-1988, 1991 with gaps). Patient handbook. Women's Auxiliary publications and reports, souvenir book, member list and minutes of 1990. JGH medical library publications. Dedication program (1934).
History / Biographical
In 1929, a committee was formed in Montreal to establish a Jewish hospital. The Jewish General Hospital, an outgrowth of the Herzl Dispensary, was completed in 1934. Its goals were to provide up-to-date, non-sectarian hospital care, but at the same time featuring a kosher kitchen, Jewish atmosphere, and concern for the health care of the city's Jewish citizens (especially the poor). It expanded over the decades, eventually incorporated the Herzl Clinic, and has become a teaching hospital as well.
"Federation" Guide for boxes one and two. Computer listings.